Enovate is seeking to hire an experienced Front-end Developer, ideally with previous agency and Craft CMS experience to work on new and existing websites and some web application projects.
Whilst the majority of our work is Craft CMS based, increasingly we're also working on Shopify e-commerce stores, Gatsby and Next.js sites and Laravel apps. Not to mention the occasional Google Chrome Extension for good measure! So this is a great opportunity to get exposure to a broad range of frameworks and work across some interesting and challenging projects.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
We're a small (8 people) and friendly digital agency specialising in the design and build of websites using Craft CMS and web applications using Laravel and/or Node.js. We also build e-commerce stores and often use Shopify and to a lesser extent Craft CMS with Craft Commerce. We're members of the official Craft Partner Network and also run the London Craft CMS Meetup group and the Essex Web Developers Meetup group.
We're driven by a real passion for the web, our mission is to build the very best websites and web applications we can for our clients and we strive to continually improve our work through ongoing training and adopting/experimenting with new technologies, tools and approaches. But while we're tackling those lofty goals we're also striving to build a great team and a great place to work too, and we're continually improving and listening to our staff to do whatever we can to deliver on that promise.
What you'll be doing
The role will include a mix of building new projects in Craft CMS along with React-based frameworks such as Gatsby and Next.js. As well as supporting, developing, extending and maintaining existing websites built with Craft CMS along with some Gatsby and Next.js sites.
Our e-commerce sites are split between both Shopify and Craft Commerce, so some exposure to both of these would be beneficial, although not essential.
We also build and maintain some large Laravel web apps, so from time-to-time these need input from our Front-end Development team to add new features and functionality or to refine the user interface our Web Developers have scaffolded out.
In addition, as an important part of our Front-end Development team, requirements gathering, scoping and time/cost estimates are also essential aspects of the role, along with being able to organise your workload and tasks effectively and keep clients updated with your progress.
- Ideally, prior experience of building Craft CMS websites and Twig templating
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Tailwind CSS and Bootstrap
- Experience with front-end build tools such as Gulp, Laravel Mix and/or Webpack
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- A keen eye for detail to ensure your work matches the supplied designs
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, managing your workload and setting internal and external expectations accordingly
- Willingness to mentor junior members of staff
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Ability to output clean, commented, and team-friendly code
Not essential but it would be good if you have:
- A relevant university degree
- Experience with Craft Commerce
- Experience with optimising websites to meet Google Lighthouse audits
- Experience with building Shopify stores/themes
- Experience with Laravel web apps
- Experience with writing custom Craft CMS plugins
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Some knowledge of PHP
- Project management experience
- Interaction design understanding, with a passion for usability and accessibility
- An obsession with web performance
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Remote working
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 37.5 hour working week with optional paid overtime
- 24 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- A half day for Christmas shopping
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training time to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Opticians vouchers
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
How to Apply
Candidates should send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.