Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious Junior PHP Web Developer to work on a range of existing and new website and web application projects utilising Craft CMS and Laravel.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
We're a small (8 people) and friendly digital agency specialising in the design and build of websites and e-commerce stores using Craft CMS and web applications using Laravel and/or Node.js. We're members of the official Craft Partner Network and are enjoying the new found popularity of Craft CMS and seek a curious coder to join us on our journey.
We're driven by a real passion for the web, our mission is to build the very best websites and web applications we can for our clients and we strive to continually improve our work through ongoing training and adopting/experimenting with new technologies, tools and approaches.
What you'll be doing
As a junior member of a small team no two days will be the same. Armed with an ability to pick things up quickly, a "can do" attitude and the support of your colleagues you'll soon be accomplishing things you never thought you could!
Here are some example tasks you'll get stuck into from day one:
- Populating websites with client content such as images and text
- Testing new features and websites to find or confirm bugs/issues
- Communicating with clients via email and messaging tools
- Creating user stories, tasks and issues in our project management tools
- Installing and evaluating third-party Craft CMS plugins
- Learning, learning and learning
And as your experience and skills grow soon you'll be:
- Contributing fixes, features and improvements to existing Craft CMS and Laravel projects and plugins
- Developing bespoke Craft CMS plugins
- Developing features for Laravel projects
- Writing specifications, scoping potential work and providing estimates
The technology and tools you'll learn
Our projects generally use the following tools/technologies, so whilst you might not be too familiar with them at the moment give it a few months and you'll be the best of friends!
- Twig / Blade templates
- Laravel framework
- Craft CMS / Yii framework
- Git version control
- PhpStorm IDE
- Linux shell
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Docs / G Suite
Whilst this is a junior role and training will be given we expect that your curiosity for coding has given you a basic grasp of some form of coding and it would be great to see some examples. Perhaps you've written some Python to run on a Raspberry Pi? Or created a website with HTML and CSS? Or maybe you have a relevant university degree? Or all of the above! In short, we want your passion for coding to come across as above all else that's what you'll need to have a successful career as a developer.
- Skilled senior staff who will help you to achieve your very best
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 24 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- A half day for Christmas shopping
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training time to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
How to apply
Candidates should send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.