Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious Mid-level PHP Web Developer ideally with previous agency experience to work on a range of existing and new website and web application projects utilising Craft CMS and Laravel. Enovate will, however, consider a lesser experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
We transitioned to being a remote company early in 2020 (this was planned from late 2019) and whilst we still maintain an office in Chelmsford, Essex this is a remote role. That said, being within occasional reach of Chelmsford would be advantageous.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
The role will include developing, extending and maintaining custom plugins for Craft CMS and contributing to Laravel projects so experience with Laravel and Craft/Yii would be very beneficial. Requirements gathering, scoping and time estimates are also essential aspects of the role, along with an ability to communicate your technical vision to both non-technical team members and clients.
- PHP programming skills and an eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of MySQL database design and development
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Familiarity with Linux shell
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Vue.js
- A relevant university degree
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of SEO
- Remote working
- Skilled senior staff who will push you to achieve your very best
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 37.5 hour working week with optional paid overtime
- 24 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- A half day for Christmas shopping
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training time to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Opticians vouchers
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
How to Apply
Candidates should send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.