Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious PHP Web Developer ideally with previous agency experience to work on a range of existing and new website and web application projects utilising Craft CMS and Laravel. Enovate will, however, consider a lesser experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
We transitioned to being a remote company early in 2020 (this was planned from late 2019) and whilst we still maintain an office in Chelmsford, Essex this is a remote role. That said, being within occasional reach of Chelmsford would be advantageous.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
We're a small (8 people) and friendly digital agency specialising in the design and build of websites and e-commerce stores using Craft CMS and web applications using Laravel and/or Node.js. For e-commerce projects we often use Craft CMS with Craft Commerce or instead Shopify. We're members of the official Craft Partner Network and are enjoying the new found popularity of Craft CMS and seek a curious coder to join us on our journey.
We're driven by a real passion for the web, our mission is to build the very best websites and web applications we can for our clients and we strive to continually improve our work through ongoing training and adopting/experimenting with new technologies, tools and approaches. But while we're tackling those lofty goals we're also striving to build a great team and a great place to work too, and we're continually improving and listening to our staff to do whatever we can to deliver on that promise.
What you'll be doing
The role will include a mix of building new projects in Craft CMS or the Laravel Framework as well as developing, extending and maintaining existing websites (and custom plugins) for Craft CMS or contributing to existing Laravel projects so experience with Laravel and Craft/Yii would be very beneficial.
In addition, requirements gathering, scoping and time/cost estimates are also essential aspects of the role, along with an ability to communicate your technical vision to both non-technical team members and clients.
There's also an opportunity to get involved with our latest venture, Opworks an Amazon Web Services (AWS) consultancy, where you can get involved with managing AWS infrastructure if that's where you passion takes you.
The technologies and tools that we use
- Twig / Blade templates
- Laravel Framework
- Laravel Livewire
- Craft CMS / Yii framework
- Git version control
- Bootstrap CSS
- Tailwind CSS
- Alpine JS
- PhpStorm IDE
- Linux shell
- Amazon Web Services
- GitLab and GitLab CI
- Google Workspace
- APIs (such as Campaign Monitor, Twilio, Royal Mail, etc.)
- Payment Gateways (such as Stripe, PayPal, WorldPay, Secure Trading, etc.)
- PHP programming skills
- Knowledge of MySQL database design and development
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Familiarity with Linux shell
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Vue.js
- A relevant university degree
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience with TDD
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of SEO
- Remote working
- Skilled senior staff who will push you to achieve your very best
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 37.5 hour working week with optional paid overtime
- 24 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- A half day for Christmas shopping
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training time to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Opticians vouchers
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
How to apply
Candidates should send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.