Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious Mid-level PHP Web Developer ideally with previous agency experience to work on a range of existing and new website and web application projects utilising Craft CMS and Laravel. Enovate will, however, consider a lesser experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
We don't want to limit applications so applicants can either be based in our office in Chelmsford, Essex or work remotely from anywhere in the UK or a mixture of both. We're also open to a part-time arrangement and already have other staff who only work 4 days per week.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
The role will include developing, extending and maintaining custom plugins for Craft CMS and contributing to Laravel projects so experience with Laravel and Craft/Yii would be very beneficial. Requirements gathering, scoping and time estimates are also essential aspects of the role, along with an ability to communicate your technical vision to both non-technical team members and clients.
- PHP programming skills and an eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of MySQL database design and development
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Familiarity with Linux shell
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Vue.js
- A relevant university degree
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of SEO
- Skilled senior staff who will push you to achieve your very best
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 24 days holiday
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training time to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
How to Apply
Candidates should send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Please answer the following questions in your covering letter:
- Will you be working from our office or remotely (if remotely, please state where you are based)?
- When are you available?
- How many days a week can you commit?
- Why did you apply for this particular job?
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.