Although we are not recruiting currently this is an example Junior Front-end Web Developer job description, if this role matches your skillset please register your interest so we can contact you when we're next recruiting.
Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious Front-end Web Developer ideally with previous agency experience to work on new and existing websites and web applications. Enovate will, however, consider a lesser experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
The successful applicant will be working in unison with the whole team so there is huge potential to broaden their experience of the entire web design process and also learn from some successful and highly experienced individuals.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright, ambitious and hardworking individual.
- A passion for the web and an eagerness to learn
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Ability to work on-site at our office in Chelmsford town centre
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- A relevant university degree
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with Twig template engine
- Prior web design agency experience
- Knowledge of PHP
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp
- Interaction design understanding, with a passion for usability and accessibility
- Obsession for building lightning fast sites
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Ability to output clean, commented, and team-friendly code
- Skilled senior staff who will help you to achieve your very best
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 24 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- A half day for Christmas shopping
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training afternoon to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.