Although we are not recruiting currently this is an example Web Designer job description, if this role matches your skillset please register your interest so we can contact you when we're next recruiting.
We transitioned to being a remote company early in 2020 (this was planned from late 2019) and whilst we still maintain an office in Chelmsford, Essex this is a remote role. That said, being within occasional reach of Chelmsford would be advantageous.
Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious Web Designer ideally with previous web design agency experience to work on new and existing websites and also some print design projects. Enovate will, however, consider a lesser experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
The successful applicant will be working in unison with the whole team so there is huge potential to broaden their experience of the entire web design process and also learn from some successful and highly experienced individuals.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
The role will initially involve updating various client sites but with time and experience the successful applicant will progress to managing their own projects from initial requirements gathering right through to "go live". There is also the possibility to progress to liaising with/managing external company staff and attending client meetings. This is a unique opportunity for a bright, ambitious and hardworking individual.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Responsive web design experience
- Proven design skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- An ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Support for web standards and mobile first
- Ability to work remotely and occasionally on-site at our office in Chelmsford City centre
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- Knowledge of PHP
- A relevant university degree
- Prior web design agency experience
- Knowledge of Affinity Designer and/or Affinity Photo
- Knowledge of producing print ready artwork
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with Twig template engine
- Remote working
- Skilled senior staff who will help you to achieve your very best
- 37.5 hour working week with optional paid overtime
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 24 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- A half day for Christmas shopping
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training afternoon to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Opticians vouchers
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.