Although we are not recruiting currently this is an example PHP Web Developer job description, if this role matches your skillset please register your interest so we can contact you when we're next recruiting.
Enovate is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious PHP Web Developer ideally with previous web design agency experience to work on new and existing websites and web applications. Enovate will, however, consider a lesser experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3 month probationary period.
The successful applicant will lead the web development aspects of our projects, helping to steer the technical strategy for our projects and the company as a whole. Requirements gathering, scoping and time estimates are also essential aspects of the role. Along with an ability to communicate your technical vision to both non-technical team members and clients.
- Excellent PHP programming skills including OOP, HTTP principles and PHP optimisation
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL database design and development
- Familiarity with Linux shell
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on-site at our office in Chelmsford City centre
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- A relevant university degree
- Prior web design agency experience
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Experience with Laravel and/or Symfony
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Knowledge of SEO
- Skilled senior staff who will push you to achieve your very best
- A great salary, commensurate with experience
- 24 days holiday
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Monthly training afternoon to tackle a task/project/goal of your choosing
- Company pension
- Modern, air conditioned office
- Christmas and summer parties
- Paid for outings to industry events/conferences
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.